Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Life @ 1115 in 2017


It has been almost a full year since I last posted. A lot happened in 2016.  Let me explain.

The biggest thing is my daddy was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon Cancer that metastasized to his liver last year. His doctor told us she could treat him but she couldn't cure him. I am daddy's girl and this diagnosis was crippling for me.

But you know what? The year started off beautifully. I was expanding the bee yard and thinking about flower gardens. I was taking pictures and planning posts for lifeatelevenfifteen and Keeping Backyard Bees.

When Daddy was diagnosed it seemed like everything started going downhill. I couldn't write. My camera messed up. I didn't have the energy or the want-to to get into the beehives. If my husband hadn't tended the garden it would have been neglected too.

The weather even changed. We went from too much rain to extreme drought. The grass in the pastures died. We had extreme heat day after day. It felt like we were in a desert.

I suffered from depression. My moods were AWFUL! And, I had headaches like crazy.

I ended up going to see a nutritionist and a chiropractor. When I filled out the paper work, I found myself wondering if I needed to see a psychiatrist instead of a nutritionist! The way our food and vitamin intake affects us mentally is amazing to me. It has been a few months and I am now on maintenance with both of them.

In December, just before Christmas, Daddy had another scan and the doctor proclaimed him cancer-FREE!!

I am starting 2017 in church and recommitted in my relationship with Jesus. I am full of optimism and high hopes.

  • Hopes of being a better wife. 
  • Hopes of getting the house back in order. 
  • Hopes of getting back in to the bee yard. 
  • Hopes of earning merit badges from MaryJanes Farmgirl Sisterhood.  
  • Hopes of JUST BEING A BETTER PERSON!

I hope you will allow me to reconnect and once again share Life @ 1115 with you.

See Y'all later,
Nancy Dawn

2 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog! I am interested in bees. Have many of the same interests as you. I live in northeast AL. Glad to hear your Dad is cancer free! And Recommitted to relationship with Christ! Joy to you!! Best wishes for your bees and farm. Sincerely, laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,
    It is a pleasure to meet you! Do you have bees yet? They are fascinating. Let me know if I can answer any questions you may have.
    Have a great week!
    Nancy Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!